We know that taking over a library can be an exciting but daunting task!
To help, we have collected here some of the basic resources to help new library directors get up to speed. They include general information about running a library and the profession as well as information specific to 4CLS and its services.
We encourage all new directors to visit our headquarters for a tour. Contact 4CLS Director Steve Bachman to set one up.
Information for New Directors
- Handbook for New Public Library Directors in New York State
- Types of Public Libraries
- Whom to Contact at 4CLS
- 4CLS Organization Chart
- 4CLS Services
- RAPAS vs Online
- Relevant Terms and Acronyms
- ALA’s Library Bill of Rights
- ALA’s Code of Ethics
- ALA’s Freedom to Read Statement